Saturday, July 16, 2011

She Was Right!




I have to say that Rosemarie was right on the money when she said her Cranberry Swirl Coffee Cake was "DEE-lish!" It seemed to be a hit at work because not very much came home with me.  And those who knew what the cake was all about enjoyed it.  It turned out a little different than what I expected.  The cake was more like a pound cake - very thick and heavy.  A few people suggested making it again but using either blueberry, cherry or APRICOT (thanks, Mom!)  As for me, next time I'm adding about double the nuts - that's the best part!

It didn't take too long to make the cake, but it seemed to take forever to cook - it was hot and it had to cook for nearly an hour.  With the luck I seem to have with my bundt pan, it was close to being the longest hour of my life.  I said if it stuck in the pan you'd be able to hear my screaming no matter where you lived.  When I turned the pan over on the plate I heard the most wonderful sound in the world - the "foomp"!! Check out the empty pan!  The girls weren't too excited about it to begin with but decided they didn't need to eat any of it before it ever baked.  :)  And I couldn't wait to dig in but had to wait until the next morning at work!  Time to pick the next recipe!

No comments: